Thursday, January 3, 2013

Back to Alliance; Resto Druid Woes

Happy after Holidays! During break, I had the realization of how much I missed raiding. I'll be honest; sometimes it does feel like a job but when you accomplish things it makes it all worth it. I haven't raided really hardcore since Wrath and I wanted to push progression again. At the end of Cata I had nothing but regret for not raiding. I really liked T11 and T12, but after doing normals my guild fell apart. Due to all that I went through, I had no motivation to raid. I came back during Dragon Soul but I wasn't impressed. It was my least favorite instance by far. It did have a few interesting mechanics, but I just wasn't feeling it.

With that being said I went back to my old guild and they welcomed me back and i'm thankful for that. I'm happy to be in the raiding 25s again.

One thing I noticed was as I healed this expansion for mvp, my healing just doesn't keep up with most healers. I find myself falling behind on burst and as well as mana trying to keep up on damage. Our mana pools don't allow us to use [Rejuvenation] as much as we used to. Granted, I hated the idea of spamming it in Wrath, but now we don't really have much else to do. Our toolkit is very limited, especially when it comes to burst damage. All the fights are designed that way and druids were left behind on the burst department.


These are a combination of logs post 5.1. We're behind of all healing specs, including holy. This disheartens me as I really love playing my druid. I've mained her since vanilla, and I would really hate to have to reroll.

My problem isn't about keeping up on meters, it's about keeping up on damage. Where the other healers can't make up for the burst, druids can't. I find myself having to stop mid tranq during Wind Lord on [Rain of Blades] due to having to heal myself or i'll die, regardless of having Bark Skin. We just can't keep up.

There have been multiple posts on Blizzard forums and there has been no replies from blues. I really hope to see something from 5.2 patch notes. I won't quit my druid unless i'm forced to reroll for progression because of being a druid bringing down the raid. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment