Thursday, October 7, 2010

Getting Ready For 4.0


Since the patch is most likely next week, it's time to prepare! I mostly think it's going to be the 12th since that's when season 8 ends. :P

One of the things i've been doing is selling gems! Gem prices will most likely be going down due to gem transmutes not having cds. I've been keeping some gems if I ever decide to gear my alts. /lazy

I've been running ZG like mad! Everytime I see an epic drop from the raptor boss I get all excited. >_< Hasn't dropped yet, but it will soon!


I've been on the ptr on and off for a couple of days to try to get used to the spell changes (big heal, medium heal, little heal) once the patch hits. My guild will still be raiding after it comes so I thought it would be best to prepare. I've been playing around with talent points for awhile. I was going to get Malfurion's Gift, but decided not to since I haven't had any mana problems so far and other druids I talked to say the same. I haven't healed a raid yet, but we'll see. Another reason is that i'd have to spend 2 points into a filler talent just to get that and right now i'd rather use those points for something else.
These new resto changes will need some getting used to like Regrowth not having a long HoT anymore, nourish having a longer cast and being our medium, mana efficient heal, lifebloom being able to be on only one target, and.. well, you understand.

I'm really looking forward to HoTs being able to crit as well as being effected by haste (without glyphs! *tosses all her rapid rejuv glyphs away*). So, yes. Crit is good for us! I thought about writing a guide for 4.0, but there's just so many already and i'm terrible at writing guides.

Some guides that have helped me prepare to get used to this change are:
Keeva's 4.0 Guide
Lissanna's Guide

Another guide to look out for is RestoDude's so stay tuned for that!


About tree form being a cooldown; at first I really felt sad about it turning into a cooldown. I started healing at level 70 so tree form was something I grew used to. I'll miss my tree-like nicknames like Barkface. Me and an old guild member used to call each other Barkface and Bearface. The cooldown seems really neat, I just need to figure out when to use it. :P So i'm not going to say goodbye to tree form, since it'll still be there. I see this patch as a new beginning for resto druids and i'm excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment